1. Building upon their well-established partnership and shared values, the Parties agree to facilitate cooperation on issues of common interest, including through:
(a) strengthening bilateral cooperation on biotechnology through the Dialogue on Biotech Market Access Issues;
(b) fostering and facilitating bilateral dialogue and exchange of information on issues related to trade in forest products through the Bilateral Dialogue on Forest Products;
(c) endeavour to establish and maintain effective cooperation on raw materials issues through the Bilateral Dialogue on Raw Materials; and
(d) encouraging enhanced cooperation on science, technology, research and innovation issues.
2. Unless otherwise provided in this Agreement, bilateral dialogues shall take place without undue delay at the request of either Party or of the CETA Joint Committee. The dialogues shall be co-chaired by representatives of Canada and the European Union. The meeting schedules and agendas shall be determined by agreement between the co-chairs.
3. The co-chairs of a bilateral dialogue shall inform the CETA Joint Committee of the schedules and agendas of any bilateral dialogue sufficiently in advance of meetings. The co-chairs of a bilateral dialogue shall report to the CETA Joint Committee on the results and conclusions of a dialogue as appropriate or on request by the CETA Joint Committee. The creation or existence of a dialogue shall not prevent either Party from bringing any matter directly to the CETA Joint Committee.
4. The CETA Joint Committee may decide to change or undertake the task assigned to a dialogue or dissolve a dialogue.
5. The Parties may engage in bilateral cooperation in other areas under this Agreement on consent of the CETA Joint Committee.