1. If immediate compliance is not possible, no later than 20 days after the receipt of the
final panel report by the Parties, the responding Party shall notify the requesting
Party and the CETA Joint Committee of the period of time it will require for
2. In the event of disagreement between the Parties on the reasonable period of time in
which to comply with the final panel report, the requesting Party shall, within 20
days of the receipt of the notification made under paragraph 1 by the responding
Party, request in writing the arbitration panel to determine the length of the
reasonable period of time. Such request shall be notified simultaneously to the other Party and to the CETA Joint Committee. The arbitration panel shall issue its ruling to
the Parties and to the CETA Joint Committee within 30 days from the date of the
3. The reasonable period of time may be extended by mutual agreement of the Parties.
4. At any time after the midpoint in the reasonable period of time and at the request of
the requesting Party, the responding Party shall make itself available to discuss the
steps it is taking to comply with the final panel report.
5. The responding Party shall notify the other Party and the CETA Joint Committee
before the end of the reasonable period of time of measures that it has taken to
comply with the final panel report.