1. The payment service user may terminate the
framework contract at any time, unless the parties have agreed on a
period of notice. Such a period shall not exceed 1 month.
2. Termination of the framework contract shall be
free of charge for the payment service user except where the contract
has been in force for less than 6 months. Charges, if any, for
termination of the framework contract shall be appropriate and in line
3. If agreed in the framework contract, the
payment service provider may terminate a framework contract concluded
for an indefinite period by giving at least 2 months’ notice in the same
way as provided for in Article 51(1).
4. Charges for payment services levied on a
regular basis shall be payable by the payment service user only
proportionally up to the termination of the contract. If such charges
are paid in advance, they shall be reimbursed proportionally.
5. The provisions of this Article are without
prejudice to the Member States’ laws and regulations governing the
rights of the parties to declare the framework contract unenforceable or
6. Member States may provide for more favourable provisions for payment service users.